Wednesday, June 4, 2014

大舞狮关圣宫 The Great Lion Kun Seng Keng

 




I don't normally watch movies. But recently I just watched "The Great Lion Kun Seng Keng". It's based on a true story about the Malaysia representative, Kun Seng Keng, at the lion dance championship in 2006 in Genting, Malaysia (Brunei has representative too that year). It talks about how both legends started their passion in lion dance, how much effort they made to be the champions where even the competitors respect them too. We watched with the real lion legend and of course we kept asking if this and that part is real story. lolx.

It's a touching, funny and interesting movie. If I was alone, I would cry for the touching part. Never expect Malaysia is that good...or is it I'm too weak haha. From there, you can see the beauty of lion dance and Chinese culture, and the hard work the dancers have put to perform their best. They also use the real names of the legends in the movie. I never watch the "high end" kind of lion performance, I wish I could one day. The results KSK got from the lion dance competitions all these years are impressive, hence the making of this movie.

许亮宇si beh man ah, the bodeh~ haha He sings good too.

I think Miri doesn't have this movie? I'm not sure. But oh well, if you're in any parts of Malaysia then you can watch la. Good movie.

With 佃詠。

No comments: