Thursday, February 17, 2011

十五暝

Chap Goh Meh or Tzap Goh Mei (Chinese: 十五暝; pinyin: shí wǔ míng; literally "fifteen night") represents the fifteenth and final day of the Lunar New Year period as celebrated by Chinese migrant communities. The term is from the Hokkien dialect and refers to the fifteenth day of the first month, which is the occasion of the first full moon of the New Year.

The occasion is marked by feasting and various festivities, including the consumption of tangyuan and Kue Keranjang. In traditional Chinese culture, it is also celebrated as the Lantern Festival or the Shang Yuan Festival. In Southeast Asia, however, it coincides with the Chinese Valentine's Day. It is also when young unmarried women gather to toss tangerines into the sea, in a hope that their future spouse will pick it up – a custom that originated in Penang, Malaysia. In the past, this was also the only day that unmarried ladies could be seen with their partners. (wikipedia)


"It coincides with the Chinese Valentine's Day". No wonder in the radio I heard just now, the DJs were asking which parents allow their teenager child to date. Parents were sharing the opinion that they should allow their children to date, so that if there's any problem, the children would talk to them instead of doing everything secretly.

My father was shocked the first time when I have a boyfriend and had a big reaction. However, after that, my parents used to it and allow me to have boyfriend. And it makes me not afraid of telling them anything about my love life, seriously. ^^

And my father was telling me its ok to break up with the boyfriend because there's a lot of chances for me since I'm young. lol

and he also told me that I trust people too easily! Am i?

Well, I don't actually listen to anyone's opinion regarding to my love life. I always make my own decision and I sometimes do made a wrong choice. But well, people grow up a little bit more when they fail, isn't it? My mom was nagging and told me what should I do when I face this situation (about my love life), nah, I wasn't listening and feel like running away! I dislike people telling me what to do to/with my boyfriend, I'll just deal it myself! I may agree with you, but I do it in my own way.

And I dislike, especially my family and not very close friends, asking me "Why do you broke up with your boyfriend?" I'll always answer, "Don't ask me anything about this." OK put it this way. It's not dislike, it's lazy to answer.^^

Some people are just so interested in why u left your boyfriend, instead of why are u together with him (ok me myself disagree this point lol).People will be interested on reasons why are u with the guy when the guy is not handsome, or poor, or a big age difference, or any negative factor. Right? ^^

Happy together with ur loved ones,
do appreciate :)

No comments: